Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Musings

First, I hope everyone I know, all the folks from the blogs I follow, and everyone reading this blog has a very merry, safe, and warm Christmas holiday season.

We’ve had a little dusting of snow this Christmas Eve morning, and thankfully no ice. We’re going to Jeff’s daughter’s house tomorrow afternoon, but don’t expect any problems on the roads. Jeff is excited about doing some special Christmas baking finally. (I know, I’m lucky he likes to cook since I don’t.)

I’ve been trying to make more comments on the blogs I follow (speak up, speak up) and was thrilled to see my blog mentioned on Traveling with the Bayfield Bunch. Al is a fantastic photographer, and I especially like his photos. He’s also a bit of a geek, so I enjoy all his tips.

Another geeky, good photographer blog I follow is Levon’s blog. In fact she has me thinking of having some kind of photo a day blog (not necessarily current photos, but I have thousands to pick from to post daily). Just don’t if I want it on this blog page or on another page, but then will new entries register on the blog as new posts. Or maybe start a separate photo blog. Dunno, yet.

I received a surprise email from a full-time, boondocking Casita owner (just what I’m wanting to do) named Sebastian Halyard. He does spend the coldest part of the winter hooked up in a campground but is seriously unhappy with the crowded experience (I can understand his issues). I’m still reading thru his Simple Living and Simple Traveling blog, but have already found some great information. And he travels with two cats all the time too!

Then there’s the Sunseeker Images blog from a man living months at a time with a dog in the desert in a Casita.

This leads me to my biggest whine. I want to do as Sebastian does — following the geese (and the best weather) and living outside (not necessarily INSIDE) our Casita.  Even tho we’re trimming down the “stuff” in our house, getting rid of it seems so overwhelming. We live in the country off the beaten track at the end of a narrow lane — so a garage sale will never happen. I’m having problems posting a plethora of things for sale on Craigslist. And I can’t work up the energy to even haul off the excess clothes & other stuff to my neighbor’s thrift store. Gag, I’m such a packrat!!

And then there’s our cats. The oldest is 15 years old, youngest is a 5 year old. Most of them were born in our house (cause we didn’t get the two females spayed in time). I feel responsible for them and hope they all die happy of old age. Even tho most of them are indoor/outdoor cats and good hunters, we can’t leave for long because I won’t leave food outside for them due to the opossums and raccoons raiding the food bowls. But since several people have asked about our cats, I created another Picasa photo album of our herd of cats. We’re still trying to figure out a way to have a “cat sitter” during extended trips this summer without it being a chore for neighbors or family, or costing us anything. Anyone want to park in our driveway with electricity and water for 7-10 days while we travel and the cats are taken care of?

To be continued. . .

2 comments:

  1. Glenda, Thanks for mentioning Levonne's Pretty Pics in your blog. Merry Christmas to you. I hear how tied you are to your home and your kitties. Not easy to have it all taken care of while you travel. But you'll figure it all out I'm sure. Take care, be safe and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from rainy Southern California.

    I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to :-)

    May God bless you and your family in 2011 ~Ron

    And always remember: Smiles don't have to be saved for a rainy day. It's good to waste them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments must be approved, so if your comment is promoting some irrelevant website or makes no sense in English, don't waste your time. It will be marked as spam & deleted.